Application Deadline: July 1, 2017
In 2008, the Maryland Youth Advisory Council (MYAC) was established through the Maryland General Assembly to ensure that Maryland youth are given the opportunity to provide feedback and recommendations regarding public policies and programs that affect their future and to take a leadership role in creating meaningful change. By providing testimony in Annapolis and policy recommendations, council members have the opportunity to raise their voices and share their experiences with the Governor, State legislature, agencies, and other youth.
Council members will be expected to:
• Be active and passionate representatives of Maryland youth. Members must attend at least 50% of regular meetings. Any member who does not attend the required number of meetings may be removed from the Council;
• Identify and discuss issues facing youth in Maryland;
• Work with other council members to create strategies that address these issues;
• Serve as liaisons to other affiliated youth organizations and peers in his/her communities;
• Develop leadership skills;
• Meet other Maryland youth; and
• Have fun!
The Maryland Association of Student Councils (MASC) is allotted four positions in MYAC, serving a two-year term. Currently, there are two positions available. Students must 14 years of age on September 1, 2017, and must be able to serve a two-year term (may not serve more than one term).
Details and the application is found at http://bit.ly/2pxaqIn
(To speak to the MASC MYAC representatives this year, email MrsKCrawford@gmail.com)