MASC Delegation to the NatStuCo Conference: June 22-27, 2019
The annual National Student Council 2019 Conference is a unique opportunity for student council members and advisers from across the country to sharpen their leadership skills and build their peer networks.
This year’s theme, Forging Student Leaders, is designed to light the fire within students, advisers, and administrators as they connect with their peers and discover new ways to enhance their leadership abilities.
The 2019 National Student Council Conference will be hosted by South Fayette High School in McDonald, PA, June 24–26 where middle level and high school student leaders and advisers from across the country will convene for this motivational three-day event. The MASC delegation will join with Delaware on the bus trip to PA on Saturday, June 22, and travel home on June 27th.
National Student Council’s (NSC) national and regional leadership conferences and programs feature nationally recognized speakers; engaging, high-energy sessions; and fun, hands-on training for both students and advisers. Held throughout the year, NASC conferences and programs provide student leaders and advisers with the opportunity to meet face-to-face to share ideas and experiences and network with peers from across the country. Many conferences also feature valuable professional development credit hours for advisors.
Advisors: There is a 1/2 price advisor registration rate until the end of February 2019. Register (NatStuCo registration website) using the MASC group code “829” then use the discount code of “19FEB” to get the 1/2 price advisor registration rate. (You may also need the “MDSD19” code somewhere in the registration process.) Advisor registration questions – contact info@NatStuCoconference.org or 1-800-253-7746, opt. 8.
(NOTE: this is only the registration rate – it doesn’t include hotel, transportation, etc.)
(Through April 20, 2019)
(April 21–June 8, 2019)
MASC pre/post-trip information June 22-23 and June 26, 2019.
MASC approximate pre/post-trip and conference costs are $1,210 (Includes: registration fee for the conference at member/early bird rate, all transportation, hotel, pre/post-conference activities, PASC pre-conference activity, chaperones, a special Region 2 activity, additional spending cash for miscellaneous meals, buttons/crab hats and four conference tee shirts.)
1) As soon as possible, please email your intent to attend to Karen.Crawford@mdstudentcouncils.org along with a picture or scanned copy of the signed parent agreement form. (detailed flyer and parent permission) Note – we are limited to the number of students that may attend due to transportation and hotel limits!
2) Complete this google form.
3) Mrs. Crawford will give you the MASC group registration code along with directions for registering for the conference on the National Student Council website. You must register and submit registration payment by April 20th directly to the National Student Council (see costs listed in the chart above). Please email Mrs. Crawford once this is completed and she will send you an invoice for the balance due directly to MASC.
4) On or before Saturday, May 11, 2019, send a copy of your MASC invoice and a check payable to MASC for $736 (Note: this remaining balance does not include the estimated $45 for “meals not covered” or the estimated $50 “miscellaneous spending money” that students will bring their own cash.) Checks must be hand-delivered to Mrs. Crawford or mailed to MASC, Registrar P.O. Box 343, Forest Hill, MD 21050.
5) We will have a parent and student meeting immediately after the June 1st executive board meeting for all students who are scheduled to attend this trip. This meeting is at Parkdale High School in Prince George’s County. The meeting will take approximately thirty minutes, which is why it is in conjunction with another event (for transportation purposes!)
Any questions? Please contact Karen Crawford (Karen.Crawford@mdstudentcouncils.org)
FUNDRAISING GUIDE (written for LEAD conferences, but the information is applicable for the National Conference): http://www.leadconferences.org/about/fundraising-guide/