• On-site check: Tuesday 10:00-10:30 a.m., and Wednesday 9:00-9:30 a.m.
(Those staying overnight will be able to re-check in during breakfast on Wednesday.)
• Agenda: Link to Google Doc
• Registration Fees: the cost for each day, covers food, materials, MASC operating expenses, and facility insurance.
– Tuesday, August 1: $20 (bring your own lunch, package of cookies to share, and reusable water bottle); MASC providing drinks, afternoon & evening snacks, and dinner)
– Wednesday, August 2: $15 (MASC providing drinks, breakfast, and lunch)
Please bring cash or check (payable to MASC) to the on-site check-in (pre-registration is required)!
• REQUIRED: emergency form – (PDF EmergencyFormAdvance2023 or Word EmergencyFormAdvance2023)
(Note: MASC Appointed Staff may bring the staff emergency form that will be kept for all MASC in-person events except for major conferences)
• LINK TO REGISTER: Click here > Open July 5 – 11:59 p.m., July 25
Register for the Virtual Executive Board.
Login information will be emailed before the meeting.
Link to register: Click here > Open July 5 – 11:59 p.m., July 25
Virtual Check-in: 9:15-9:30 a.m.
Meeting Convenes: 9:30 a.m. Meeting Adjourns: 3:00 p.m.
As a virtual attendee, we implore you to ask questions and make comments using the chat feature. A designated chat monitor will be present to address your comments and questions.
Tuesday, August 1, 2023 – Advance Day 1:- Workshop Presenter Certification – Teambuilding/Get-to-Know-You and Student Workshop Certification Day is a day of workshops to certify students to be MASC workshop presenters and to re-certify previously certified workshop presenters. Students attending this day should commit to being workshop presenters at the MASC conferences.
Wednesday, August 2, 2023 – Advance Day 2: The Executive Board Meeting – this is MASC’s first executive board meeting for the school year (there are four per school year). At this meeting, officer and staff reports will be shared and serve as an opportunity to introduce officers and appointed staff to the regional presidents, regional middle school representatives, SMOBs/SROBs/student commissioners, regional advisors, school advisors, and any other interested student leaders who may wish to attend. Business items include approval of the Operating Principles (discussed and adopted), conference updates or bids (presentation/voting), student member on the State Board of Education calendar of events, regional reports, guest presentations, etc.
The registration fee for participating in the in-person executive board meeting will cover food costs and facility insurance fees. You can also register to view the Executive Board Meeting via Live Stream.