Due to the social distancing to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the CoronaVirus, MASC is making alternative virtual plans for events in the immediate present. Future events from MASC will be handled on a case by case basis. At this point, MASC will not be participating in the Region 2 Conference (canceled) and the National Conference as these are out-of-state and the majority of our Maryland school districts have restricted out-of-state travel.
Thank you for your understanding as the health and warfare of our students and advisors is most important.
• National Student Council (NatStuCo) National Conference: STATUS MASC not attending – no official announcement from NatStuCo until mid-April June 20-24, 2020 Link to Conference Details
• Executive Board Meeting: STATUS PENDING (possibly a virtual meeting) Saturday, May 30, 2020 Link to ExBd Meeting Information/Registration (registration May 10-27)
• Staff Application for 2020-2021 now open (students must be from a MASC member school): closes at midnight, Sunday, April 26 (link to Details)
• Region 2 Conference: CANCELED April 24-26, 2020 Link to Region 2 Conference Details
• Advocacy Week: Monday, March 9-Friday, March 13, 2020 Link to Advocacy Week Details
• Convention: CANCELED March 25-27 (Registration, Friday, February 21, 2020 – midnight, Sunday, March 8, 2020) Link to Convention Details
• Women’s Leadership Forum: Saturday, March 7, 2020 Link to WLF Details
• Executive Board Meeting: Saturday, February 22, 2020 Link to Feb ExBd Meeting Information/Registration (registration closes at midnight, Feb. 19)
• Legislative Session: Saturday, February 8, 2020 (Registration Friday, January 10 – midnight, Sunday, January 26) Link to LegSes Details
• Workshop Presenter Applications for Convention: Closes at midnight January 26 Link to Convention Website – Application info is at bottom of the page
• Southern Leadership Conference: POSTPONED Saturday, January 18, 2020 (Registration Jan 2-midnight, Jan 16) Link to SLC Details
• Regional Advisor Meeting: Tuesday, January 14 – register by 5:00 p.m., January 9 Link to Reg Adv Mtg Details
• Workshop Presenter Application for Legislative Session: December 6-22 Link to the application at the bottom of the Legislative Session website
• Executive Board Meeting: Saturday, December 14 Link to DecExbd Meeting
• National Conference on Student Activities (Advisor Conference): December 6-8, 2019 EARLY BIRD registration by October 31st Link to NCSA Details
• Fall Leadership Conference: Saturday, November 23, 2019 Link to FLC Details
• LEAD DC: November 15-17, 2019 (action by Oct. 4) Link to details
• Regional Advisor Meeting: Thursday, October 17, 2019 (action by October 14)
• Student Workshop Presenter Certification Training Day: Saturday, September 14th – deadline to register Sept. 11th (link to training details)
• Advance: August 6-7-8, 2019 (registration opens July 14th). Some details are from 2018 but have been left on the page for planning purposes. (Link to Advance website)
• Staff Development Day: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 Registration closes 11:59 p.m. July 6th (link to MASC webpage with details)
• Officer Team/Department Directors Retreat: Monday, July 1 – RSVP directly to Karen.Crawford@mdstudentcouncils.org (see the email from 6.17.19).