MASC is a student-led organization for students! Your willingness to serve on the Executive Staff is greatly appreciated. Participation as part of the Executive Staff is a very large commitment and we hope that you will be able to take part in our organization throughout this upcoming school year.
To apply for MASC, you must…
● Be able to fulfill the time commitment that this position holds which includes both in-person events/conferences and duties that must be fulfilled outside of these times. Understand the time commitment that this position holds by reviewing the current year’s calendar
● Read over the position and its specific duties
● Have attended at least one MASC event or conferences such as Convention or an Executive Board meeting. It is difficult to serve in an organization if you have never attended any meeting or event for that organization!
● Be from a member school of MASC. Please check the MASC website for the most up-to-date listing of member schools. MASC understands that due to COVID 19, it will be a while for schools to join.
● NOTE: MASC will make exceptions for the middle school students’ prior involvement with MASC or their school’s membership status. In addition, if there are no applications from middle school students in any particular division, middle school students living in another division could apply.
The completed application deadline is midnight, Wednesday, December 16, 2020. Check the application packet carefully to be sure that ALL of your components are completed and submitted by the deadline.
STUDENT LEADERS APPLYING MUST BE FROM A CURRENT MASC MEMBER SCHOOL (Constitution: Article XII, Section 1- A)
While it is always sad to say goodbye to a year of outstanding leadership and service in the Maryland Association of Student Councils (MASC), few things are more exciting than ushering in a new one. The transition to the 2019-2020 school year is a process that begins now. The MASC Executive Directors invite you to join MASC in this exciting new time by applying as a member of the executive staff.
MASC is a student-lead organization for students! Your willingness to serve on the Executive Staff is greatly appreciated. Participation as part of the Executive Staff is a very large commitment and we hope that you will be able to take part in our organization throughout this upcoming school year. To apply for MASC, you must…
It is important that you read the application packet carefully. You will also need to go over it with your parents as they will also be making a commitment to MASC in the time they might spend transporting you to meetings and events.
NOT ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE INTERVIEWED. After reviewing the online application, adult recommendation, commitment form, past involvement with the school, regional, and state student council, the applicants will be rated and a number of selected applicants will be invited to interview. Staff interviews will take place by appointment on May 2 and May 16th. Interviews may be via telecommunications given the request for social distancing surrounding Covid 19 (coronavirus).
The application deadline is 11:59 p.m., Sunday, April 26, 2020. There are basically three parts to the application: Online, Information and Commitment Form (scanned and emailed), and an emailed recommendation. A resume is optional. All qualified applications are welcome! Remember, you must be from a current MASC member school.
Thank you so much for your interest in joining the MASC team. We are thrilled to have the possibility of working with you this upcoming year!
Staff Application Packet(pdf file MASCStaffApp2020-2021) (Word file MASCStaffApp2020-2021)
Four Required components of the application packet (be sure to read the entire packet before completing the online component)
1. Contact Information and Commitment Contract (pdf file CommitmentContract) (Word file CommitmentContract)
2. Recommendation Template (pdf file RecommendationTemplate) (Word file RecommendationTemplate)
3. Online form (includes contact information, essays, position prompts, theme ideas, general comments) –link to Google Form