– REGION 2 –
Serving Leaders in DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA
2019 Region 2 Conference – April 26 to 28, 2019 – Lewes, Delaware
INVITATION & GENERAL INFORMATION
The Delaware Association of Student Leaders proudly invites you to attend the 2019 Region 2 Conference, which will be held April 26-28, 2019 in Lewes, Delaware.
Detailed MASC Region 2 Invitation Letter (a must read before registering)
pdf file: MASC2019Region2Invitation
After carefully reading the MASC invitation letter and discussing the time and costs with your parents, to reserve your space as soon as possible, complete the interest/commitment online form (link)
- MASC is able to take 23 students to the Region 2 Conference. Places are reserved for the current officers and the officers-elect. Current officers need to commit on or before March 9th. Officers-elect need to give a tentative commit on or before March 23rd, and a final commitment by April 1st (after the convention). (Graduating seniors would be put on a waiting list as this small conference is for building for the future)
- As soon as possible, complete the interest/commitment online form (link). This is a first come, first served basis – there will be a waiting list that will be used after April 1st or for same-gender substitutions or to add graduating seniors!
- Scan/email the medical form on or before April 1, 2019 – bring the original with you on April 26 or turn in to Mrs. Crawford at the convention!
(pdf: Reg2MedicalForm2019) (Word: Reg2MedicalForm2019)
- Scan/ email the transportation permission form on or before April 1, 2019– bring the original with you on April 26 or turn in to Mrs. Crawford at the convention!
(pdf: Reg2TransportationPermissionForm) (Word: Reg2TransportationPermissionForm)
- Registration cost is $85 per student.
- Transportation is by an approved carrier (T.S. Worldwide Transportation: Vehicle Type: 24 Passenger Mini Coach/luggage certified driver / DOT). We want to fill the bus – that means that transportation is less expensive:
23 students = $73.25 per student 16 students = $112.20 per student
20 students = $84.23 per student 18 students = $93.59 per student
14 students = $120.33 per student Fewer students – will look at alternatives (parents?)
- Transportation cost will be finalized after the final April 1st deadline – After that time, there will be no refunds as we have to turn in registration payment to the host and transportation to the contracted bus company.
- If money is an issue, please contact Mrs. Crawford. We will work with your school and region to get help.
Who can attend? Region 2 invites student representatives and officers on the MASC state Executive Board as well as other students involved at the state or regional levels within MASC’s State Association.
Where is the conference? Camp Arrowhead (35268 Homestead Way, Lewes DE 19958)
- Camp Arrowhead is located on the Rehoboth Bay and is a co-ed camp.
- Camp Arrowhead is located approximately 5 miles from Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk.
Transportation Details: (see information about possible cost above)
> Pick-up – Friday, April 26, 4:00 p.m. Security Blvd Park & Ride (End of I70 & 695) / bring money for a dinner stop (TBD)
> Drop off – Sunday, April 28, 3:00 p.m. (tentative) Security Blvd Park & Ride (End of I70 & 695) / bring money for a lunch stop (TBD)
MASC would like to fill our shuttle bus – we have room for 23 students. If we get 23 students, the price is less per student!
Where will we be housed? Students and Advisors will stay at Camp Arrowhead; Students will be housed in cabins. Each cabin sleeps 12 students. Students will be using a central bathhouse. Girls and boys cabins are separated by the central bathhouse. Advisors will be in houses that are in close proximity to the student cabins. Students will be placed in cabins with at least one other student from the same state. Housing is included as part of conference registration.
BRING your check, payable to MASC on Friday, April 26 (unless mailed in ahead of time)
Region 2 Conference Website: https://nascregion2.wixsite.com/vision