Who can attend? Region 2 invites student representatives and officers on the MASC state Executive Board as well as other students involved at the state or regional levels within MASC’s State Association. MASC is able to bring 22 students. (Spaces are reserved for the current officers and officers-elect: No graduating seniors as this small conference is for building for the future)
Where is the conference?
– Ocean City is located in Cape May County in southern New Jersey, easily accessible from the Garden State Parkway (Exit 30 to NJ Route 52). It is about 20 minutes south of Atlantic City, and about 30 minutes north of Wildwood.
– Ocean City High School is located at 501 Atlantic Avenue. The school is just one block off the famous Ocean City boardwalk and beach, adjacent to Gillian’s Wonderland amusement pier.
Where will we be housed?
– The Pavilion Motor Lodge is located at 801 Atlantic Avenue. This hotel, at which all students and advisors will be lodged, is two blocks from Ocean City High School and one block from the boardwalk and beach.
– Students and Advisors will stay at the Pavilion Motor Lodge; all rooms have two queen beds. Students (4 to a room) and Advisors (2 to a room) will be assigned to rooms based on preferences that State Executive Directors submit when sending in registration.
How much does this conference cost? Total: $170 (plus cash for dinner traveling on Friday and lunch traveling home on Sunday)
– The registration cost will be $85.00 per person for each student or adult attending the conference. This will cover lodging, meals, conference shirt, all activities and program materials.
– There is also an $85 transportation fee – chartered 24 passenger coach bus:
> Pick-up – Friday, April 27, 1:00 p.m. Security Blvd Park & Ride (End of I70 & 695) / bring money for a dinner stop (TBD)
> Drop off – Sunday, April 29, 4:00 p.m. (tentative) Security Blvd Park & Ride (End of I70 & 695) / bring money for a lunch stop (TBD)
How do I register?
– On or before Thursday, March 29, email your interest in attending to Ms. Olivia Keithley, MASC Executive Director (email@example.com).
– On or before, Friday, April 6, scan and email these three forms to Olivia.Keithley@maryland.gov
> Student Registration Form (2018Region2StudentRegistrationForm)
> Student Emergency Form (2018Region2MedicalPermissionForm)
> Transportation Form (TransportationForm pdf file) (TransportationForm Word file)
– BRING your check, payable to MASC, for $170 on Friday, April 27.
Will we get to go to the boardwalk and beach?
The Ocean City High School Student Council is excited to host this conference and has been working hard to plan the Friday night welcoming, Saturday afternoon team-building, and Saturday night social activities. Part of their excitement is to share with you some of the attractions that have made Ocean City a popular family vacation destination since the 1880’s. As a result, their current plans for these activities do integrate the beach, boardwalk, and amusement piers – which you will get to experience with your fellow Region 2 student leaders and advisors.