When: Saturday, October 14, 2023
Where: Digital Harbor High School, Baltimore City (ASCBC hosting)
Time: 9:00 a.m. (check-in 8:30-9:00) until 4:00 p.m.
Fee: $5.00 (bring your own lunch, a reusable water bottle, three-ring binder with cover insert) – MASC provides sugar-free lemonade/iced tea and cookies.
PLEASE, DO NOT REGISTER UNLESS YOU CAN ATTEND THE ENTIRE DAY! This is the last offering for certification for 2023-2024 (the first offering was on August 1st). MASC cannot certify you as a workshop presenter if you miss workshops that are part of the certification process. Students may be asked to view several workshops before the event to keep the day shorter.
• Event – Saturday, October 14, 2022
• Registration: open through 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, October 10, 2023
• Registration link: click here
• Fee: $5.00
• Check-in time: 8:30 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.
• Event time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Agenda: (pdf file) Agenda Certification Round 2
• Materials: Completed emergency form, three-ring binder (with cover sleeve), your lunch, and a reusable water bottle!
• Emergency form: pdf file: EmergencyFormOct2023Certification
Word document: EmergencyFormOct2023Certification
• MASC providing drinks (sugar-free lemonade and iced tea), cookies, and all workshop presenter binder materials
Workshop Presenter Certification Day is a day of workshops and activities to certify secondary students to be MASC workshop presenters and to re-certify previously certified presenters. MASC feels peer-teaching is a successful and effective method of training potential and current student leaders, thus MASC has an extensive program to train student presenters of workshops with the desired outcome being student-led, high-quality workshops. The majority of the workshops presented at our conferences are student-led.
Students attending this training event will be able to apply to facilitate a workshop at the Fall Leadership Conference and be a part of the Convention and the Spring Leadership Conference. Presenters for middle school workshops at the Fall Leadership Conference will need to attend an additional virtual training.