RaiseRight: Please support MASC by purchasing gift cards. Select from 750+ popular brands, with options for eGift cards (available immediately), physical gift cards, and reloadable gift cards. No extra money spent! No wasted value. You pay $50 for a $50 gift card. Use it to pay for your purchases or give it as a gift.
1) Log onto https://www.raiseright.com/shop
2) Click on “Sign Up” in the upper right-hand corner
3) Enter the enrollment code: JJBKKAK69W4F
4) Create an account
5) Click on ‘Shop’ in the upper right-hand corner
6) Start browsing for gift cards from your favorite brands
7) Once you select your gift card(s), go to your Cart and select the option “Ship them to me”
8) DO NOT click on “Ship them to my coordinator” otherwise, you will NOT receive your gift cards
9) Click ‘Begin Checkout”
10) Enter Payment and Billing information
11) Happy Shopping!
Over 100 million phones are stockpiled in U.S. households creating potentially hazardous waste. On average Americans replace their cell phones every 12 to 18 months. Unfortunately, electronics including cellphones, laptops, and tablets contain eight toxic substances including Arsenic, Antimony, Beryllium, Cadmium, Copper, Lead, Nickel, and Zinc. Although benign when properly refurbished or recycled by companies such as Recycling Fundraiser, these toxic substances pose a serious environmental and health risk if discarded improperly. These toxins leach into soil and groundwater from landfills and form highly toxic dioxins & furans during incineration. In fact, the cadmium from a single phone is capable of polluting 158,200 gallons of water. That’s 1.2 Million 16-ounce coffees! These toxins have been associated with cancer and a range of reproductive, neurological, and developmental disorders.
So…What are you waiting for? Donate your old electronics (phones, laptops, tablets, etc) NOW by following the instructions listed in Recycling Electronics Fundraiser, which not only benefits the community but also enables MASC to continue to have our amazing events and conferences!