As we continue our MASC 2020-2021 theme of “Operation Leadership: Agents of Change” the 2022 Convention of the Maryland Association of Student Councils (MASC) promises to be a wonderful experience for student leaders from all over the state as students have the opportunity to further their adventures and leadership experience with MASC for the year. What a great way to end the year and start planning for the next year.
NOTE: The awards ceremony (Principal and Advisor of the Year, as well as the coveted Felix Simon Award for Leadership and Service and other recognitions and awards) will be recognized at the April 30th event. Some award presentations may be pre-recorded.
• Registration Checklist (pdf: RegistrationChecklist-CONB2022) (Word: RegistrationChecklist-CONB2022)
• Registration Worksheet (pdf: RegistrationWorksheet-CONB2022) (Word: RegistrationWorksheet-CONB2022)
• When you are thus prepared, and when registration opens, CLICK HERE. (Link will only work during the registration period)
• Registration opens Wednesday, March 30, and closes at 11:59 p.m., Friday, April 22, 2022 (extended registration deadline)
BELOW – Applications for:
1) Workshop Presenters
2) Team-Building Facilitators
3) MSDE Discussion Facilitators or Note-takers
If you have questions, please email Nicete.Moodie@mdstudentcouncils.org and Karen.Crawford@mdstudentcouncils.org
Applications to present a workshop at the convention are open to all students and advisors from Maryland secondary schools. Preference is given to MASC certified workshop presenters. Please be sure to carefully read the information carefully before submitting an application. The application is through a Google form – it will require an upload of an outline of the workshop. Many school systems block the upload of files, so be sure that you are NOT ON A SCHOOL SYSTEM DEVICE OR USING A SCHOOL SYSTEM WEB BROWSER! In addition, DO NOT use a school system email for your contact as most school systems block outside emails and MASC will not be able to contact you.
Workshop Application Details:
Thank you for your interest in presenting a workshop at the 2022 MASC One-Day Convention on Saturday, April 30th.
• Student leaders from Maryland secondary schools in grades 8–12 are invited to apply (7th graders may apply only if they have MASC certification and present with another certified presenter).
• The primary student presenter must have presented a workshop at least one time (regional general assembly, MASC event, etc.)
• Preference is given to MASC-certified workshop presenters. (NOTE: A school or regional advisor is required to work with the presenters to verify the quality of the workshop and be in attendance for the presentation).
• All workshops should have two presenters.
• Workshops will be 40 minutes in length.
• Presenters may only submit one workshop application. IMPORTANT – Only ONE presenter from each workshop should complete the application.
YOU MUST HAVE THE PERMISSION OF YOUR SCHOOL ADVISOR. If you have a co-presenter from another school, the same applies – the advisor MUST approve the participation of your co-presenter as the advisor will need to register them. You will be asked to list your school advisor and their email for yourself and your partner. You will also have to check that you attest that you have checked with and have the permission of your school’s advisor (and your listed co-presenter). Again – do not list any co-presenters who do not have their SGA advisor’s permission to present.
NEVER USE A SCHOOL EMAIL – THEY ARE USUALLY BLOCKED OUTSIDE OF YOUR SCHOOL SYSTEM AND MASC MUST HAVE A WORKING EMAIL.
The information below will help you prepare before going online to submit your application. Please review this carefully. If you have questions, email the Executive Directors (Nicete.Moodie@mdstudentcouncils.org and Karen.Crawford@mdstudentcouncils.org).
• All workshop presenters must be registered for the MASC Convention through their school advisor/administrator.
• Registration for the event opens on March 30th and closes at 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 20, 2022. Your school advisor will need to register you for the actual event.
• Workshops will be 40 minutes in length.
Your workshop will be accepted based on several criteria:
1) Categories: MASC is looking for a variety of workshops centered around these possible categories:
• Leadership [Organization, Team building, Communication]
• Service [Community Service, Charitable Fundraising, Environmental Awareness]
• Scholarship [Mentoring, Tutoring]
• Character [Ethics, Respect, Anti-Bullying]
• Citizenship [Global Citizenship, School Climate, Voter Registration, Rights & Responsibilities]
• Student Engagement [Diversity, Accessibility, Community Involvement]
• Student Voice [Officer Training, Elections, Forums, Advocacy]
• Council Management [Bylaws, Ceremonies, Officer Training, Meeting Management]
• Activities [Homecoming, Pep Rallies, Social Events, Spirit Programs, etc.]
2) Completeness of the application: As much information that you can provide about your workshop, the better.
3) Audience: It is important to have a wide selection of choices for students in high school AND middle school. Preference will be given to workshops that are appropriate for middle and high school students. In scheduling workshops, middle and high schoolers will not be mixed in the same session.
IMPORTANT: Once a workshop is accepted, the title and workshop advertisement cannot be changed. The student workshop coordinator will follow up by asking for your completed workshop outline and is also available to help with your workshop planning.
Date: Saturday, March 26, 2022
Registration: Thursday, March 3 – 11:59 p.m., Thursday, March 17
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 2:10 p.m.
Roundtables: Roundtable Descriptions (students choose two sessions)
Online Code of Conduct (OnlineCodeofConduct)
Read about the Candidates (link to details)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Dynamx Digital – For over twenty years we have worked with student-centered organizations, educational institutions, and businesses across the United States providing creative media services that support their live events. Our value-conscious clients applaud our ability to give them outstanding productions that don’t break their budgets, and most are repeat clients that we look forward to working with each year.