Due to space restrictions, this conference is only open to MASC member schools. Non-member schools can be put on a waiting list. (Membership application link)
Dates: Wednesday, March 25 (3:00 p.m.) – Friday, March 27, 20120 (11:30 a.m.)
Location: Clarion Fontainebleau Resort, Ocean City
Registration Opens: Friday, February 21, 2020
Registration Closes: midnight, Sunday, March 8, 2020
Postmark Deadline: Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Costs: Delegates $250 Advisors $350 (advisor private room $430)
Convention Host: TBD
As we continue our MASC 2019-2020 theme of “Lights, Camera, Leadership,” the 2020 Convention of the Maryland Association of Student Councils (MASC) promises to be a wonderful experience for student leaders from all over the state as students have the opportunity to walk the red carpet for the “final big show” of MASC for the year.
PLEASE NOTE: SOME OF THE LINKS BELOW are openly shared Google documents – often you cannot access linked documents in Google drives through a school system account – Please consider using a different email whenever you try to access documents.
- Convention Promo Video
- Electing the 2020-2021 officers of the Maryland Association of Student Councils
- Listening to a nationally recognized motivational speaker – Patrick Maurer (link to Patrick Maurer Website) – also workshops for all students and a special workshop for advisors!
- Exciting and meaningful leadership workshops
- Networking with student leaders from across the state
- Legislative action in the MASC General Assemblies
- Supervised recreation each evening
- An awards ceremony for Principal and Advisor of the Year as well as the coveted Felix Simon Award for Leadership and Service (and other recognitions for conference hosts and other awards) (see Award Applications – applications closed 2/8/20)
- Instructions (links to be uploaded as they are available)
- Advisor Convention Bulletin (pdf: ) (Word: )
- Registration Checklist (pdf:) (Word:)
- Workshop Choices (pdf: ) Use this to determine workshop preferences for each of your student attendees.
- Needed for online registration (links to be uploaded as they are available)
- Registration Checklist (pdf: ) (Word: )
- Registration Worksheet(pdf: ) (Word: )
- Housing Request Worksheet (pdf: ) (Word: )
- Workshop Choices () Used to determine workshop preferences for each of your student attendees.
- For Student Packet (links to be uploaded as they are available)
- Sample Family Letter (pdf: ) (Word: )
- Emergency Plan (pdf: )
- Participant Emergency Form (pdf:) (Word:)
- Delegate Contract (pdf:) (Word:)
- Blank Legislation Form (link to website)
- Other Information – IMPORTANT (links to be uploaded as they are available)
LINK FOR REGISTRATION…
is found at the end of this paragraph. Your school must be a MASC member to attend the convention (SchoolMembership). Before registering, you must review the documents above and complete the Registration Worksheet using information gathered from the Housing Request Worksheet and the Workshop Descriptions document. Do NOT attempt to register until you have done this. A completed Registration Worksheet will contain the information required to register your delegation. When you are thus prepared, when registration opens, CLICK HERE. Registration opens Friday, February 21, 2020.
Convention Workshop Information:
Applications to present a workshop at the convention are open to student leaders and advisors. Please be sure to carefully read the criteria as students must have their school’s SGA advisor email Karen.Crawford@mdstudentcouncils.org before submitting an application.
• Workshop Application Link (active January 5 – January 26)