Dates: Wednesday, March 27 (3:00 p.m.) – Friday, March 29, 2019 (11:30 a.m.)
Location: Clarion Fontainebleau Resort, Ocean City
Registration Opens: Friday, February 22, 2019
Registration Closes: midnight, Sunday, March 10, 2019
Postmark Deadline: Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Costs: Delegates $250 Advisors $350 (advisor private room $430)
Convention Host: Richard Montgomery High School (MCR)
As we continue our MASC 2018-2019 theme of “Keys to Leadership,” the 2019 Convention of the Maryland Association of Student Councils (MASC) promises to be a wonderful experience for student leaders from all over the state as students “Unlocking the Treasures of Leadership.”
PLEASE NOTE: SOME OF THE LINKS BELOW are openly shared Google documents – often you cannot access linked documents in Google drives through a school system account – Please consider using a different email whenever you try to access documents.
- Electing the 2019-2020 officers of the Maryland Association of Student Councils
- Listening to a nationally recognized motivational speaker – Carlos Ojeda, Jr. (link to outside source)
- Exciting and meaningful leadership workshops
- Networking with student leaders from across the state
- Legislative action in the MASC General Assemblies
- Supervised recreation each evening
- An awards ceremony for Principal and Advisor of the Year as well as the coveted Felix Simon Award for Leadership and Service (and other recognitions for conference hosts and other awards) (see Award Applications – applications now open)
- Instructions (links to be uploaded as they are available)
- Advisor Convention Bulletin
- Registration Checklist
- Workshop Choices Use this to determine workshop preferences for each of your student attendees.
- Needed for online registration (links to be uploaded as they are available)
- Registration Checklist
- Housing Request Worksheet
- Workshop Choices (to be posted in late February) Used to determine workshop preferences for each of your student attendees.
- For Student Packet (links to be uploaded as they are available)
- Other Information – IMPORTANT (links to be uploaded as they are available)
- Pre-Convention Newsletter
- DRAFT Convention Program (shared-google-document)
- State Charity Events at Convention (see details on state charity page)
- MASC Convention General Assembly Standing Rules
- MASC Officer Election Rules
- Convention student worksheet for reporting back to schools
- Regional President’s Meeting: Orientation Talking Points
- Regional Advisors Meeting: Orientation Talking Points
- “Meet the Candidates” and Candidates’ Social Media Links
LINK FOR REGISTRATION…
is found at the end of this paragraph. Your school must be a MASC member to attend the convention (SchoolMembership). Before registering, you must review the documents above and complete the Registration Worksheet using information gathered from the Housing Request Worksheet and the Workshop Descriptions document. Do NOT attempt to register until you have done this. A completed Registration Worksheet will contain the information required to register your delegation. When you are thus prepared, when registration opens, CLICK HERE. Registration opens Friday, February 22, 2019.
Convention Workshop Information:
Applications to present a workshop at the convention are open to student leaders and advisors. Please be sure to carefully read the criteria as students must have their school’s SGA advisor email Karen.Crawford@mdstudentcouncils.org before submitting an application.
• Workshop Application Link (active January 11 – February 3)